10/16/2005
I am getting spiritual
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Auntie goes into my house and sees the pic hangin on the wall,exclaims:"Oh! So pretty la. Don't look like you ar." Woo. Thank you auntie for the boost on my confidence lah like I so need it right now.

I was in a really bad mood both yesterday and today and felt like punching someone in the face. Thing aren't really going well for me recently. I had little enthusiasm and everything came hard on me. People (mostly my friends)said I demanded too much from life and expected everything to be perfect. If everything was perfect, then there would be no roorm to grow or develop. But it's a lot easier said than done. My friend Mike sent me a story through email hoping it'd give me some insight into life in times of distress. How sweet of him. Thank you Mike. Here is the story and I hope you can derive something from that too:



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BUTTERFLY
A man found a cocoon of a butterfly. One day a small opening appeared. He sat and watched the butterfly for several hours as it struggled to force its body through that little hole. Then it seemed to stop making any progress. It appeared as if it had gotten as far as it could, and it could go no further.

So the man decided to help the butterfly. He took a pair of scissors and snipped off the remaining bit of the cocoon. The butterfly then emerged easily. But it had a swollen body and small, shrivelled wings.

The man continued to watch the butterfly because he expected that, at any moment, the wings would enlarge and expand to be able to support the body, which would contract in time.

Neither happened!

In fact, the butterfly spent the rest of its life crawling around with a swollen body and shrivelled wings. It never was able to fly.

What the man, in his kindness and haste, did not understand was that the restricting cocoon and the struggle required for the butterfly to get through the tiny opening were God's way of forcing fluid from the body of the butterfly into its wings so that it would be ready for flight once it achieved its freedom from the cocoon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


P.S. Re. the pic on the wall, don't get me wrong. I am not that narcissistic. It was a birthday gift from my ex.
 
posted by 小春 at 4:38 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: