12/26/2005
Happy holidays!
Happy Holidays everyone! May your holiday be full of joy and the New Year be prosperous and healthy. My heartfelt thanks to all of my wonderful friends--cyber or real life--for taking the time to read my blog. *Hugs and Kisses* Although we have not met, I hope some day we will.

I spent a quiet Christmas eve at my local church and then went to have dinner with my friends. I was feeling pretty down and was certainly not in party mood. My parents are thousands miles away and I missed them terribly. Plus, the recent corporate announcements and changes in my company made me wonder whether more drastic changes are underway and whether our department would be left intact. We hugged each other before we left the company on Friday morning holding the gifts from each other. I don't know about other people but at that moment I felt this might be the last Christmas we spent in each other's company as colleagues. "Changes are inevitable" as I recalled what GM said during our Christmas luncheon presentation. He also explained in length about the four stages people normally go through when being faced wiht changes, which made me feel like I was in an organizational development class back in college. In today's ever-changing world, nothing is certain only change is inevitable. Another thing for certain is: Job security aside, in its relentless pursuit of cutting costs and maximizing profitability at any cost in corporate America, loyalty will soon to be a thing in the past.
 
posted by 小春 at 10:33 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: