7/17/2006
Updates
I am in Kuching right now. Kuching is also called the Cat City since the name means cat in Malay. It's the capital city of Sarawak, the largest state situated on the island of Borneo. The weather is extremely hot and you can't possibly go to sleep without air-conditioning. For those who long for a comfortable life with a relaxed pace, Kuching is definitely a place to be. Noboby seems to be in a hurry and taking things slowly is not something to be frowned upon here. To me, Kuching is a city in transition and a mixture of the raw and refined. Except for the spawling real estates, nothing has really changed since I was last here five years ago. For the past few days--actually ever since my trip started--I have adopted a lifestyle of a piglet: eat, sleep and eat some more then go back to sleep again. Hospitality here is just incredible. Every night I was treated to a colossal dinner. I haven't weighed myself yet but the seemingly carefree lifestyle has taken a toll on my waistlines. It's very nice to meet the old friends and family/relative back home and too see the younger generation blossom. It's good to be back.
 
posted by 小春 at 10:05 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: