8/10/2006
I am going Korean for dinner
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Today I feel like I want some spicy food for my dinner. So I made this delicious Kim Chi Ji Gae (cabbage Kim Chi soup. It's absolutely delicious and it's healthy too. Here is the recipe for anyone who is interested.


INGREDIENTS:
1/2 teaspoon Korean sesame oil 1 cup cabbage pickle (Kimchi) 1 garlic clove, crushed
1/4 pound boneless pork, sliced thin 3 cups water 1 scallion, cut into 3-inch pieces
1 firm chinese soybean curd, cut into 9 cubes 6-8 small clams, optional but recommended

1 Put the sesame oil in a saucepan and stir-fry the kimchi over moderate heat for 1/2 minute. Add the garlic and pork and continue to fry as the meat changes color.
2 Now add the water, bring to a boil, and cook for 10 minutes. Add the scallion, bean curd, and clams if used, and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes more. You can also buy the ready made Kim Chi soup mix in any Asian store. All you have to do in this case is add tofu and cabbage. I am going to spend the night watching the Korean drama I rented last Sunday. It's called 你来自那颗星 (Which star you are coming from).
 
posted by 小春 at 6:06 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: