9/26/2006
My mid-life crisis came in too early...
Up until the time when my dad decided to call off his twenty-year marriage with my mom and trade her in for for a younger trophy wife a few years back, I had absolutely no idea what mid life crisis was like and/or what detrimental effects it may oftentimes cause. However, when out of nowhere those ugly age/dark spots suddenly appear on my cheeks and had no intention to go away, and when many times I found myself dozing off in front of TV like some old folks do and more and more, I started to ponder this aged-old conundrum "is there any meaning to life?", I knew those might be the precursors to something big--something no good. "It's like an itch. But no matter how hard you scratch it, it is still itchy as hell," I decribed my recent experience to Mike, not hoping for an answer.
"Maybe you started to have mid life crisis. I read it somewhere,very similiar to what you've experienced."
At first I thought of it only as a joke. Mid life crisis? At my age? I heard many people got it in their 40s and 50s. But as I dug more on the internet, I found out people start to experience the onset of the crisis when they are around 40, give or take 20 years. The "symtoms" fit exactly what I've been having--discontent about many aspects of life; wanting to make big changes in life and do something different or adventurous; and often questioning the meaning of life and confuse about where life is heading.
Admist all negativities, something really nice did happen in my life too. Check out this.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Some good gesture from Michael. Thank you very much. Although I am not very fussy about cars as long as they take me to where I want to go... but hey it's a Mercedes. Although it's a 2004 used car,what more I can ask for? Mercedes and mid life crisis. Hmmm....
 
posted by 小春 at 4:17 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: